Privacy and Cookies Notice
"Hippo Used Cars" is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
"Hippo Used Cars" is a subsidiary to Hippo Motor Group.
1. About this notice
References to “we”, “us” and “our” in this policy are all references to "Hippo Motor Group Ltd" and our subsidiaries.
‘Personal data’ is defined in the Data Protection Law and is essentially information from which an individual person can be identified. By submitting information and/or continuing to use the Online Facilities, you signify your consent to us using your personal data in accordance with the below.
"Hippo Motor Group Ltd “and its subsidiaries are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using the website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. "Hippo Motor Group Ltd" and its subsidiaries may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was last updated 08.05.2018
2. How we use your personal data
Use of services accessed through the Online Facilities may require you to provide specific types of information. We request that the information you provide is as accurate as possible as this allows us to provide a personalised service when you enquire with us. We use information about you for five primary purposes:
- To contact you to discuss and further your enquiry or perform a credit check. The type of information we may require and use might include, for example, your name, address, email address, gender, date of birth, telephone number and card or other payment details in relation to goods or services you purchase from us. We will NEVER share your financial information with other third parties for any reason other than processing transactions, fraud and credit check protection, unless we have your consent.
- To disclose information about you to any relevant regulator if we have a legal duty to do so.
- We may monitor or record telephone conversations with you to ensure consistent service levels, to prevent or detect fraud and for training purposes.
- We may send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided at opt in stage. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- To offer renewal information in order to pursue our legitimate interests as a business. When you complete an enquiry using our online forms or you enter one of our giveaways we receive your information. We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. Submission of an enquiry to Hippo Leasing grants us/and/or our Finance Partners authority to carry out searches, as detailed within this policy. Details supplied by you to enter a competition are only used by Hippo Leasing & will not be released to any 3rd party. You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible on the address at the bottom of this policy. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
3. How do we protect your information?
We protect your information in the following ways:
- We only request information which is fit for our purposes.
- We endeavour to keep any information we hold about you up to date and accurate.
- We will remove from record any information which we hold about you which is no longer relevant.
- We will protect your data against unauthorised use.
- We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information that you have given to us to prevent unauthorised access.
4. Disclosure (sharing) of your information
We will only share your personal and business information from your application form with our various Finance Partners and Electoral Roll systems to verify your finance application. We and/or our Finance Partners may obtain information about you from credit reference agencies and various group records to check your credit status. We may discuss your application and/or your agreement with our supplying dealers or Finance Partners. We may ask you to provide physical forms of identity verification or search the files of credit reference agencies which will keep a record of our or our partners search, if your application proceeds. We/our Finance Partners and the credit reference agencies will also use the records for statistical analysis about credit. We do not sell or pass on your details to any third party for marketing purposes.
Who we may share your information:
|Our funders||Our tools|
|Barclays partner finance||Live chat|
|Mann Island||Sales force|
|Billing Finance||Premium Credit|
|Blue motor finance||A1 Approved|
|Motor finance||Trust Pilot|
We may also share your information with other brokers where you take out a brand-new vehicle with us. This will be in keeping with the reasons set out in section 2. Where we share your personal information with third parties we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is properly protected and processed in accordance with this Policy and will not share financial data unless we need to for processing purposes of an application.
5. Marketing Information
We do not sell, rent, or otherwise provide personally identifiable information to third-parties without your consent, except only as set out in the ‘Disclosing (Sharing) Your Information’ section above.
From time to time we, “Hippo Motor Group Ltd" , and/or commercial partners (if you have agreed to receive their information when you provided your personal information) would like to contact you to tell you more about the offers, services, products and other initiatives available to you.
We, "Hippo Motor Group Ltd", and/or our commercial partners will only contact you if you have consented to this. However, if you are an existing customer (and have opted to receive communications) we may contact you about services, products and initiatives similar to those you have previously received or enquired about (unless you have chosen not to receive such communications).
If, at any time after registering, you would like to change your preference and opt-in or opt-out from receiving communications from us or third-parties you can do this at any time by writing to us at the address outlined above or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Links to third party websites & services
We don’t use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our web site.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
7. Storing and retaining your personal data
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal data, which is held in secure data centres in the European Union in accordance with current legislative requirements, industry standards and technology. We will keep the personal data you have provided for as long as we have a relationship with you. Once that relationship has ended we will retain it in accordance with this Policy only for as long as we reasonably require and it will then be deleted and destroyed. Some of the organisations to which we may disclose your personal information (including, but not limited to, our technical partners used in delivery of the Online Facilities) may be situated outside of the European Economic Area, in countries which may not have laws that protect privacy rights in the same manner as in the United Kingdom. We will however take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is still properly protected.
Your data will be held on record for up to:
- 36 months, before being terminated if you do not conduct any transactions
- For as long as is required by legislation if you conduct any transactions (usually 6 years after the proposed end date of a contract)
Once it is received we store your personal data as set out in this Policy and our Data protection policy available upon request). We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
9. Your rights to:
All requests set out in this section or other queries relating to this Policy should be addressed to the compliance and processes officer at the postal address at the bottom of this policy or by emailing email@example.com.
Access Your Personal Information:
You have the right to see a copy of the information that we hold about you or your company upon written request. We may charge a small fee towards the cost of administering any request you make which is manifestly unfounded, excessive or repetitive otherwise no fee is charged for this service.
Update and Amend Your Personal Information:
You have the right to ask that the information we hold about you is corrected by updating/changing your profile preferences or by contacting us as above. We encourage you to update your personal information promptly if it changes.
You have the right to opt out of being contacted and ask that we, “Hippo Motor Group Ltd" and its subsidiaries stop contacting you by clicking the relevant boxes on the screen upon which you provide information or by contacting us. You also have the right to request that your application be taken no further at any stage of your enquiry with Hippo motor group. Please also see section 2 for additional information.
Close Your Account/Delete Your Personal Information:
You have the right to request that we close your account and/or delete your personal information from our database. We will make all reasonable efforts to comply with this request. However, it may not be possible to delete an entry without some delay and without retaining some residual personal information necessary for our legitimate interests, such as backups and records of deletions (including to ensure we no-longer communicate with you) or because we are required or permitted to retain personal information for other lawful requirements.
Obtain and reuse your date:
You have the right to data portability. You can obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purpose across different services. You can move, copy or transfer data you have provided to us, to another provider and we will transfer this in a safe and secure way.
If you are dissatisfied with our response to any of your data privacy concerns you have the right to raise this with the Information Commissioner Office at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF (https://ico.org.uk).
We use Google AdWords and Facebook Inc Remarketing tracking cookies. Google AdWords and Facebook Inc remarketing will display relevant ads across each own and third party personal reached networks and they will be tailored to you based on what parts of the website you have viewed by placing a cookie on your machine. THIS COOKIE DOES NOT IN ANYWAY IDENTIFY YOU OR GIVE ACCESS TO YOUR COMPUTER. The cookie is used to say, “This person visited this page, so show them ads relating to that page.” Google AdWords and Facebook Inc Remarketing allows us to tailor our marketing to better suit your needs and only display ads that are relevant to you. These networks are third party and have specific opt out requires if you do not wish to receive these ads. To do this please follow the below for each.
Google Adwords and Display
- Open the Google settings app on your device (called Google Settings or Settings, depending on your device)
- Scroll down and tap Google.
- Tap Ads.
- Switch on Opt out of interest-based ads or Opt out of Ads Personalisation
- Open Facebook settings on your device
- Select Ads
- Then select the relevant ads to off/not allowed specific to you.
We have the right to update our policies at any time based on third party requirements/updates and to make your experience relevant. By reading this you accept our cookies policy unless you tell us otherwise here (https://www.hippoleasing.co.uk/consent-preference).
How to Contact us:
Hippo Motor Group, Trident park Trident way backburn bb13nu
Please include your name, address, and/or email address when you contact us.
11. Record of changes to our Notice
This notice was first published 16.03.2018
We have made changes to the following as of 8.05.2018
- Section 4 – other brokers
- Section 9 - fee’s we charge
- Section 9 - data portability
We have made changes to the following as of 6.06.2018
- Section 7 – Retention periods